Thursday, September 29, 2011

Palin's Poker Face

Last night I wrote my thoughts on just what might possibly be going on in the Palin camp (which we know is comprised of Sarah and Todd):

Have you watched her interviews over the past few months? The commentary she uses to defer the “BIG question” is either, “still contemplating the huge life-changing decision” or more famously – “do I need a title to make a difference?” 
It seems to me these statements are more like her “I can’t announce right here and now” rebuttal – and it’s absolutely brilliant. She keeps the world guessing, gives the media the runaround, and formulates a strategy to give her competitors the shock of their life. 
The purpose of this verbiage is to create an atmosphere for complete and total surprise. It’s her poker face,” her “expressionless face,” a face without any interpretable expression – as that of a good poker player, someone who doesn’t show any emotion of reaction so that people don’t know what they are planning.

Tonight Governor Palin spoke with Judge Napolitano on the Fox Business Channel. When asked about her plans for 2012 she replied, "You know, I hold my political cards close to my chest, I've certainly learned lessons along those lines and I'm going to continue to do that until I'm ready to make an announcement - this is a serious decision and I'm engaged in serious deliberations and within the next 24 hours don't look for me to make a decision."

All I have to say is - remind me never to play a hand of poker with the Governor.

7 comments:

  1. After what the media put her through in the 2008 campaign and what they are still trying to do to her and her family, I don't blame her for "holding her politcal cards close to her chest."

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a strong woman! She would be a great leader if America will put the thinking cap and not be brainwashed by wrong ideology.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those that speak of her with I'll intent and and fear on their face should be all the evidence needed to know who is best for our country and it's people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this analysis! All who have followed her since she first walked out on stage have a wholistic view of her. We know her as a sister, neighbor, friend. We've seen and heard a lot! And for those of us who know her this way--just KNOW! We know that everything put on a scale tipping one way or another is tipping toward the most exciting run we gave ever seen! Let's all get ready for the ride of our lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you are holding a Royal Flush and all the bets are on the table, It time go show hour hand!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gov. Palin will do what she has to do and make her decision when she wants to make same.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's indeed a strong woman. She can really use her poker face so she can never be predictable.

    ReplyDelete